Healthy wholewheat scones that can be cooked in your kitchen or out on a hike on a gas cooker.
Cooking time: 30 minutes, including a 10 minutes break.
|Nutritional value 2 small scones: 593 kcal|
64 g (40 E%)
34 g (47 E%)
21 g (13 E%)
|*The percentage of carbohydrates is low and fat high. Guidelines are: carbohydrates 45-60 E%, fat 25-40 E% and protein 10-20%. Try to compensate for this during the day.|
|+ 2 tbsp cream cheese and 1 tsp marmelade: 98 kcal|
6 g (25 E%)
7 g (66 E%)
2 g (9 E%)
- 50 / 25 g / 1 oz hazelnuts
- 100 ml / 1/2 cup oats with fibre
- 225 ml / 6 oz wholemeal spelt flour (or other wholemeal flour)
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 100 ml / 3 1/2 oz Turkish yoghurt, 10% fat
- 1.5 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp creme cheese
- 2 tsp marmelade
- Heat the oven to Heat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius / gas mark 3 / 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Chop 25 g / 1 oz hazelnuts in large pieces. Mix all dry ingredients. If you are taking the dough out to cook on a gas cooker, mix all dry ingredients in a quite large bag, around 5 liters.
- Mix 1.5 tbsp butter in the mix and stir in 100 ml / 3 1/2 oz Turkish yoghurt. If you are baking outside mix the butter and the yogurt in a separate bag.
- Kneed the dough. Out in the field, pour in the butter and the yogurt in the bag with the dry ingredients, then kneed the whole bag.
- Divide the dough and form it into 4 quite flat scones on a baking tray, it is always nice to prick them with a fork.
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes. On a gas cooker use a low heat and bake for a few minutes on each side.
- Take a moment to be mindful. Enjoy your surroundings. Take a couple of long slow breaths and think of what you have. Be grateful for what you have.
- Let the scones cool and serve them each scone with 1 tbsp cream cheese and 0.5 tsp marmalade or whatever is your preferred spread.