Now can vegans also enjoy cheese! This ”cheese” has actually nothing to do with cheese; apart from that it is the shape of a “roule”. The cheese is great both for canapé for a party or as a dessert. The black pepper and parsley is a nice contrast to the soft flavour of the cashew nuts.
The cheese will keep in the fridge for a few days if there is any left.
12 canapés. Cooking time: 60 minutes, soaking the night before, cooking 30 minutes and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 150 g / 5 oz cashew nuts
- 50 ml / 1 2/3 oz lemon juice
- 50 ml / 1 2/3 oz canola oil
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- Black pepper
- Soak 150 g / 5 oz cashew nuts over night to make them soft. Save a few nuts for garnishing.
- When it’s time to make the cheese, rinse the nuts well and mix them in a mixer or with a handheld mixer with 50 ml / 1 2/3 oz lemon juice, 50 ml / 1 2/3 oz canola oil and 0.5 tsp salt.
- Form the mixture into a cylinder shape and roll it in ground black pepper and 3 tbsp chopped parsley. Garnish with cashew nuts.
- Roll it in a baking sheet and put the cheese in the fridge for at least half an hour before serving. Half an hour is a good time to do a few yoga stretches, or a longer breathing exercise where you sit down, close your eyes and just focus on your breath and the air coming in and out of your body. Try clearing your mind. If there is another thought appearing, accept it and let it float away and focus on your breath instead.
- Serve the cheese on biscuits or as it is in small pieces.