These burgers are very simple to make, no complicated ingredients and no complicated cooking process. As a bonus, most kids seem to like them too!
Cooking time: 50 minutes, including a 25 minutes tea break while the burgers are in the oven.
- 2 cans of black beans (around 450 g drained weight)
- 3 small onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 teaspoons of tomato pure
- 3 teaspoons of mustard I prefer the Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sambal olek or chilli powder
- 1 decilitre instant oats
- Put the oven on 200 degrees Celsius.
- Drain and rinse 2 cans of black beans and mix them in a food processor or using a hand held mixer.
- Chop 3 small onions and crush 2 cloves of garlic and mix with the beans.
- Stir in 4 teaspoons tomato pure, 3 teaspoons mustard and 1 teaspoon sambal olek. Mix well.
- Add 1 decilitre of instant oats.
- Divide into 6 patties and put them on a sheet of baking paper on a baking tray.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes before flipping them over and letting them bake on the other side for another 5 minutes. They should be crispy on the outside.
- Serve in hamburger buns and with a nice salad on the side.
Once they are baked, these burgers are perfect to deep freeze. Defrost them for a quick dinner or a simple lunch box.
Print out recipe