When you are in a bit of a rush but need to eat a good portion of hearty food, this pasta dish is perfect. The recipe uses tagliatelle with egg to increase the protein content, but it can be cooked with any pasta – choosing another pasta and skipping the cheese will make the dish vegan. If you are keeping some for the next day, keep the Parmesan cheese separately.
|Nutritional value 1 portion: 605 kcal|
93 g (61 E%)
14 g (21 E%)
27 g (18 E%)
- 250 g / 9 oz / 8 “skeins” tagliatelle with egg
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 250 g / 9 oz cherry tomatoes
- 400 g / 1 3/4 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 0.5 tsp black pepper
- 230 g / 8 oz mixed beans
- 60 g / 2 1/2 oz /6 slices Parmesan cheese
- Boil water and add 250 g tagliatelle and cook according to instructions.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan. Chop 1 onion and 2 cloves garlic and fry in the pan.
- Rinse and halve 250 g of cherry tomatoes and add to the frying pan with 400 g / 1 3/4 cup crushed tomatoes, 1 tbsp tomato paste, 1 tsp thyme, 1 pinch sugar, 1 pinch salt and 0.5 tbsp black pepper.
- Rinse 230 g / 8 oz mixed beans and add to the pan. When the pasta is done, add that too. Divide the dish onto 3 plates and crumble over 2 slices of Parmesan cheese on each plate.
- Take a few moments to be mindful when you eat. While you eat observe the sounds you hear. How does it sound when you chew? When you cut the food? When you put down the cutlery? Are there other sounds in the room or outside? Try to maintain presence and observing the sounds while you eat.