The best recipes are borrowed. I spotted a friend eating these burgers in her lunchbox and had to get the recipe. They are one of my favourites with a lot of flavourful nuances: leek, parsley, nutmeg and mustard.
Cooking time: 40 minutes, 20 minutes mixing, 5 minutes waiting and 15 minutes frying.
- 1 can of kidney beans approx 230 gram drained weight
- 1 egg
- 10 centimetre leek
- 125 gram cottage cheese
- 0.5 dl parsley
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 pinches of ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 decilitre bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Rinse 1 can of kidney beans, pour them into a bowl and mix them with a hand held mixer. Or, use a food processor.
- Stir in 1 egg.
- Chop 10 centimetre leek and 0.5 decilitre parsley finely and mix it into the beans. Add 125 gram cottage cheese too.
- Flavour with 2 teaspoons mustard, 2 pinches of ground nutmeg, salt, pepper and 1 teaspoon sugar.
- Add 1 decilitre of bread crumbs, stir and let it swell for 5 minutes. This is enough time to sit down and do a mini meditation, or just to breathe a little.
- Form into six patties and fry on medium heat for a few minutes on each side. Done.
Don’t kill these tasty burgers with ketchup! Instead, serve them with a fresh salad on the side. You can also deep freeze them for future needs.
Print out recipe