The best recipes are borrowed. I spotted a friend eating these burgers in her lunchbox and had to get the recipe. They are one of my favourites with a lot of flavorful nuances: leek, parsley, nutmeg and mustard.
Don’t kill these tasty burgers with ketchup! Instead, serve them with a fresh salad on the side. You can also deep freeze them for future needs.
Cooking time: 40 minutes, 20 minutes mixing, 5 minutes waiting and 15 minutes frying.
|Nutritional value 1 burger: 104 kcal|
14 g (51 E%)
3 g (24 E%)
7 g (25E%)
- 230 g / 8 oz kidney beans
- 1 egg
- 10 centimeters / 4 inches leek
- 125 g / 4 oz cottage cheese
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 pinches ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp sugar
- 100 ml / 2 oz bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- Rinse 230 g / 8 oz kidney beans, pour them into a bowl and mix them with a hand held mixer. Or, use a food processor.
- Stir in 1 egg.
- Chop 10 centimeters / 4 inches leek and 50 ml / 1 oz parsley finely and mix it into the beans. Add 125 g / 4 oz cottage cheese too.
- Flavor with 2 tsp mustard, 2 pinches of ground nutmeg, salt, pepper and 1 tsp sugar.
- Add 100 ml / 2 oz bread crumbs, stir and let it swell for 5 minutes. This is enough time to sit down and do a mini meditation, or just to breathe a little.
- Form into six patties and fry on medium heat for a few minutes on each side. Done.