One of these pancakes will fill you up. Like many LCHF recipes it is low in carbohydrates and high in fat, and also very filling. The coconut flakes gives it a nice texture and the vanilla essence a nice flavour. If vanilla essence is hard to find, use grated vanilla stick or vanilla sugar instead.
The pancake works both as a luxury breakfast, a large snack or as a dinner.
- 2 egg
- 75 ml / 2 1/2 oz cooking cream, 15% fat
- 1 tbsp fiber husk or psyllium husk
- 5 drops vanilla essence (or 0.5 tsp vanilla sugar)
- 1 sprinkle cardamom
- 2 tbsp coconut flakes
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 100 ml / 3 1/2 oz Turkish yogurt
- 50 ml / 2 oz blueberries
- Whisk all ingredients together except for the oil, and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Heat up 1 tbsp cooking oil in a frying pan and fry the pancake on medium heat for a few minutes on each side.
- Serve with 100 ml / 3 1/2 oz Turkish yogurt and 50 ml / 2 oz blueberries.
- Take a moment to be mindful when you cook. Taste a little bit of the food. How does it taste? Fresh? Sweet? Acidic? Salty? Chew carefully and feel the different flavours in the mouth.