A healthy treat, nice enough to serve with coffee, or as a snack. Completely without sugar, sweeteners and e-numbers.
These bars can be frozen and used as an emergency cake, or to bring to the gym and use as an energy refill after training.
Cooking time: 40 minutes, 20 minutes preparation and 20 minutes in the oven.
- 100 g / 3 1/2 oz almonds
- 200 g / 7 oz hazelnuts
- 100 g / 3 1/2 oz pumpkin seeds
- 150 g / 5 oz dried cranberries
- 10 / 80 g / 3 oz dried apricots
- 5 egg
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius / gas mark 6 / 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Chop everything apart from the egg. Chop some of the nuts a little finder and some quite course and add them to a bowl.
- Stir in 5 egg.
- Spread the mix on a sheet of baking paper in a baking tray. Try making a square with as even sides as possible.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 20 minutes. You have time to take a relaxing pause to empty your brain of all stress. Sit down so you can see the sky from a window. If you can’t, you can just look at a wall or a painting. Sit like that for 5 minutes and let the thoughts come and go without judging them. Set a timer so you won’t be distracted by looking at the clock. Don’t jump up to do stuff, just sit.
- Cut into 30 squares before the bake has time to cool.