Once you have pushed aside thoughts like “over my dead body” and “I’m not drinking cold spinach soup” you should try this smoothie if you want a nice vitamin boost. It does taste good. Promise. Cross my heart.
Using a mixer instead of a juicer will include the fibers too. This recipe makes two portions. If no one else is brave enough to try it will keep in the fridge for a day.
2 portions, or 500 ml.
- Juice from 1 orange (or 200 ml orange juice)
- 50 g / 2 oz baby spinach
- 1 banana
- 0.5 apple
- Juice from 1 lemon (or 2 tbsp lemon juice)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cm of ginger, chopped (or 1 sprinkle ground ginger)
- Mix all ingredients in a mixer. Mix. Done.
- Now you can take a moment to be mindful – to yawn. Yes, yawn! Especially if you are drinking the smoothie for breakfast. A yawn helps the body to relax. Yawn and stretch. Take a deep breath.
- For a creamier smoothie add half an avocado. The recipe can be varied in many ways. Instead of spinach, use mâche, romano salad, or other greens. Instead of orange juice, use mango juice, grapefruit juice or cranberry juice. Instead of ground ginger, use grated fresh ginger.