Green pea soup is a completely different experience from yellow pea soup. With frozen peas it can be cooked all year.
It is a very filling soup. If there is anything left over it can be kept in the fridge for freezer for another day.
Cooking time: 25 minutes, including a 5 minutes break.
|Nutritional value 1 portion: 244 kcal|
18 g (30 E%)
12 g (46 E%)
14 g (24 E%)
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 1 yellow onion
- 600 g / 1 1/4 lb green peas
- 200 ml / 3/4 cup milk, 1.5% fat
- 250 g / 9 oz crème fraîche, 15% fat
- 2 tbsp grated horseradish
- 1 tbsp mint
- Salt and pepper
- Bring 800 ml / 3 1/3 cup water to boil in a pot with 2 vegetable stock cubes.
- Chop 1 yellow onion and add to the pot with 600 g / 1 1/4 lb of green peas, frozen peas are fine. Boil for 5-10 minutes.
- Make the horseradish cream by mixing half of the crème fraîche with 2 tbsp grated horseradish and 1 tbsp chopped mint in a bowl.
- Take a moment to breathe. Sit on a chair and follow your breath as it is. In and out for a minute. Now notice the thoughts that will come, are they positive, negative or perhaps things that needs to be done? Accept the thoughts as they are without judging them and thinking “no, not that thought.” Just notice the thoughts that come and then go back to the breath again. Finish with a few deep breaths.
- Mix the soup smooth using a hand held mixer and add 200 ml / 3/4 cup milk and the rest of the crème fraîche. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the soup with the horseradish cream.