These burgers are quite compact and very filling. Ajvar gives them a lovely paprika flavor. Serve them with a fresh green salad with some bite in it, like coleslaw salad.
The burgers can be deep frozen and reheated in the microwave.
6 portions, or 12 burgers. Cooking time: 60 minutes, or quicker with precooked lentils.
- 4 deciliters dried green lentils, or 10 deciliters boiled green lentils
- 1 large onion
- 0.5 deciliter whole meal spelt flour (or white flour or graham flour)
- 0.5 deciliter spelt germ (or wheat germ or breadcrumbs)
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 egg
- 2 deciliters ajvar
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 sprinkling Tabasco
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- Salt and pepper (white pepper is good)
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Boil 4 deciliters of green lentils in 8 deciliters of water and 1 teaspoon of salt for 25 minutes, or according to the instructions on the box, until soft.
- Put on a good record, turn the music up and dance, dance, dance!
- Finely chop 1 onion and brown it in 1 tablespoon of cooking oil.
- When the lentils are done, rinse them quickly to cool them to lukewarm, add them to the bowl and mix in 0.5 deciliter spelt flour, 0.5 deciliter spelt germ, crush 1 clove of garlic and add 3 egg, 2 deciliters of ajvar and the spices: 1 teaspoon of turmeric, 1 sprinkling of Tabasco, 1 teaspoon of chilli powder, salt and pepper. Shape into patties and fry them 4 at a time on medium heat for a few minutes on each side.