Green leaves is one of the healthiest things you can eat. They are good to mix into smoothies. Here are a couple of examples of green leaves you can use.
- Alfalfa sprouts – can give a somewhat earthy flavour.
- Mâche – has a mild flavour that will completely disappear in the fruit flavours. Good if you are unused to drinking green leaves.
- Mung bean sprouts – can give a floury flavour.
- Ruccola leaves – adds a very strong flavour, do not use too much especially if you are a beginner on green leaf smoothies and not so used to the bitter flavour.
- Spinach leaves, baby spinach – tastes a little bit of spinach, but not too strongly. A very good “beginners leaf” if you do not want too much of a “green” flavour.
- Baby beetroot – can have an earthy flavour, but nice in moderation.
Here are a few green smoothie recipes to try out:
- Green smoothie with dates and mint
- Green avocado smoothie
- Green smoothie with coconut milk
- Green spinach smootie – morning detox
Good luck and get in touch and tell us your own favourites!