These burgers are juicy and have a mild and soft flavour of feta cheese and pesto.
The burgers will keep in the fridge for a few days or can be frozen.
Cooking time: 30 minutes, with pre-cooked beans.
|Nutritional value 1 burger: 256 kcal|
13 g (20 E%)
17 g (60 E%)*
13 g (20 E%)
|*The percentage of fat is high. Guidelines are: carbohydrates 45-60 E%, fat 25-40 E% and protein 10-20%. Try to compensate for this during the day.|
- 1 yellow onion
- 230 g / 8 oz mixed beans
- 180 g / 6 oz feta cheese
- 100 g frozen or fresh spinach
- 3 egg
- 1 tbsp green pesto
- 100 ml / 3 1/2 oz flour (preferably spelt flour)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Peel and chop 1 onion. Mix all ingredients apart from the oil in a bowl. Mix it smooth using a hand held mixer.
- Fry the burgers, 6 of them on medium heat in 2 tbsp oil, a few minutes on each side.
- Whilst you are frying, take the opportunity to do a mindfulness exercise. Take a moment to be mindful – to become aware of how your body feels. How do feet feel against the floor? Scan your body from the feet and up, how do your calves, knees, thighs feel? Continue upwards until you reach the head. Just note how your body feels today.
- Enjoy the burgers with a salad or, as in the picture, with Lemon scented chickpea and lentil hummus. If you are saving leftovers, cool them quickly. Spinach contains spores that can form bacteria that in turn can form nitrate. This is not dangerous for grown ups, but can be harmful for children.