A classic lentil soup that can be kept crunchy or mixed smooth. Serve with freshly baked bread.
This soup is perfect for storing in the freezer and eat another day.
Cooking time: 60 minutes, 15 minutes preparation and 45 minutes simmering in the pot.
|Nutritional value 1 portion: 273 kcal|
36 g (53 E%)
8 g (26 E%)
14 g (21 E%)
|+ 2 tbsp Turkish yogurt contains: 78 kcal|
3 g (15 E%)
6 g (70 E%)
3 g (15 E%)
- 2 onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1.5 tbsp cooking oil
- 225 ml / 6 oz red lentils
- 800 g / 3 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes
- 3 vegetable stock cubes
- 400 ml / 1 3/4 cup milk, 1.5 % fat
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- Turkish yogurt or crème fraîche
- Chopped chives
- Chop 2 onions and 2 cloves garlic. Brown in large pot in 1.5 tbsp cooking oil.
- Add 225 ml / 6 oz red lentils to the pot, 800 g / 3 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes and crumble 3 vegetable stock cubes. Add 900 ml / 3 3/4 cup water, 400 ml / 1 3/4 cup milk, 3 tbsp tomato paste and salt and pepper.
- Let the soup simmer for 45 minutes with the lid on, stirring occasionally.
- Take a moment to be aware of your surroundings. Sit down and relax. Take a few deep calming breaths and focus on your breath. In and out. In and out. Slow and easy. When you feel calm, open your eyes slowly. Look around you as if you had never seen the room before. Rest your eyes on an object and see it without judging it. Just accept that it exists. Then go on to the next subject. Do you see things differently?
- When the soup is done, mix it smooth or let it stay crunchy. Serve with a dollop of Turkish yogurt or crème fraîche and chopped chives.