This vegetable and bean soup is very mild in flavour and quick to make.
The soup is nicely served with freshly baked garlic bread.
Cooking time: 30 minutes, including a 10 minute break.
|Nutritional value 1 portion: 336 kcal|
43 g (53 E%)
9 g (25 E%)
18 g (22 E%)*
|*The percentage of protein is high. Guidelines are: carbohydrates 45-60 E%, fat 25-40 E% and protein 10-20%.|
- 1 red onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 carrots
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 2 tbsp oil
- 200 ml / 3/4 cup chopped parsley
- 230 g / 8 oz borlotti beans
- 230 g / 8 oz large white beans
- Salt and pepper
- Chop 1 red onion, crush 3 cloves garlic and brown them in 2 tbsp oil. Chop 2 carrots and 2 stalks celery and add them to the pot.
- Add 2 vegetable stock cubes, 600 ml / 2 1/2 cup water, 1 tbsp tomato paste and 200 ml / 3/4 cup chopped parsley – but save a few nice leaves for garnish. Rinse the beans and add 2/3 of the beans in the soup. Save the rest.
- Boil and let the soup simmer for 10 minutes.
- Take a few moments to a breathing exercise. Sit straight in a chair with your feet firmly on the floor. Close your eyes and notice the breath. How does it move in the chest and stomach? Be aware of all the movements your body makes when breathing. It can be difficult to focus on the breath and the thoughts come and go. When you become aware of it, just go back to the breath again. Don’t chase away the thoughts but accept that they exist and resume breathing again.Finish with a few deep breaths.
- Using a hand held mixer, mix the soup smooth and add salt and pepper to taste. Add the rest of the beans and bring the soup to a boil. Garnish with parsley before serving.