As a bread lover I would not call this real bread, but many on an LCHF diet eat egg bread as substitute for the real thing since it contains very few carbohydrates. This bread is also very quick to make.
Those on a strict LCHF diet can skip the rosehip peel, since they will add 3 of the 5 carbohydrates. For others, keep it, since it adds a nice flavour and lots of vitamin C.
- 50 ml / 1 oz almond flour (ground almonds)
- 0.5 tbsp flaxseeds
- 0.5 tbsp crushed flaxseeds
- 0.5 tbsp finely ground rose hip peel
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 pinches sea salt
- Serve with:
- 1 tsp butter
- 3 thin slices strong cheddar cheese
- Mix all the dry ingredients: 50 ml / 1 oz almond flour, 0.5 tbsp flaxseeds, 0.5 tbsp crushed flaxseeds, 0.5 tbsp ground rose hip peel and 2 pinches of sea salt.
- Stir in 1 egg and 1 tbsp water.
- Spread the mix on a plate and put it in the microwave on full effect for 2 minutes. You can also fry the bread, but then it tastes a little more like omelet.
- Let the bread cool and server with butter and a strong cheddar cheese.
- Take a moment to be mindful when you eat. Touch the food. How does it feel? Cold, hot? Smooth, rough? Observe the feeling.